- Complex Commercial Litigation for Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Business Disputes
- Pro Bono
Courtney’s unique background as a contract process and disbursement auditor and consultant to energy companies brings a distinctive prospective to advising her clients on matters important to their business. She has experience representing clients in civil litigation matters including contract disputes, transportation litigation, upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas companies, premises liability, DTPA claims, real estate litigation, healthcare, and toxic tort litigation. In addition to litigation matters, Courtney counsels clients in contract negotiations with government and private entities.
Courtney gained litigation experience in law school when she interned for the Honorable Jeff Bohm of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the Honorable Ken Wise of the 152nd Harris County District Court.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
Juris Doctor, 2010
Phi Delta Phi Honor Society, Tucker Inn
Recipient of Highest Grade Awards: Trial Advocacy, Legislative Advocacy, Legal Research and
Writing, Negotiations, U.S. Intelligence Law, and Family Law
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
BBA in Finance, with a concentration in International Business, 2003
Phi Beta Lambda National Honor Society
Recipient of Alpha Chi Omega Academic Scholarship
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
HONORS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Named Fellow of the Houston Young Lawyers Association, an award chosen based on exemplary personal commitment to Houston’s Young Lawyers, dedication to the practice of law, and held in high professional standing among peers.
- Houston Bar Association’s Lawyers for Literacy Committee and Minorities in the Law Committee
- Houston Young Lawyers Association volunteer
- Forge for Families volunteer and speaker
- Forgotten Dogs of the Fifth Ward volunteer
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Laws in the Workplace, Speaker, June 2012
- The Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases, The Journal of Energy, Climate and the Environment, Co-Author, March 2010
- Judge Tells Cleveland Not Only “No”, but “Heck No?”, Nuissance Law, Contributing Author, June 2009
- The Lexington Principles on the Rights of Detainees: A Transnational Legal Process Approach to Due Process, Assistant Editor, April 2009
Courtney enjoys spending time with her two dogs, physical fitness, traveling and is an avid fan of college football.