- Complex Commercial Litigation for Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Energy and Environmental
- Professional Liability
- Construction Defect
- Animal Law
Courtney’s unique background as a contract process and disbursement auditor and consultant to energy companies brings a distinctive prospective to advising her clients on matters important to their business, including risk mitigation, dispute resolution, and trial.
She has counseled and represented small independent companies to Fortune 500 companies, in various industries including oil and gas exploration and production, midstream upstream, and service companies, transportation, healthcare, construction and fabrication, law firms, HVAC, waste management, veterinaries, and animal rescues. While Courtney’s legal practice spans the full spectrum of commercial litigation, she has significant experience advising and developing solutions to matters involving: health, safety and operations, personal injury and safety incidents, OSHA investigations, environmental emissions, third party contractors, construction defect, mechanic and materialman liens, litigation prevention, entity disputes, contract negotiations and drafting, insurance coverage, employee matters, modification of policies and procedures, and protection of intellectual property.
She also routinely represents legal professionals in professional liability claims, and animal owners, veterinarians, and animal rescue organizations.
Courtney has experience handling arbitrations, mediations, and cases from inception through trial in Texas state courts and federal courts.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
Juris Doctor, 2010
Baylor University, Waco, Texas
BBA in Finance, with a concentration in International Business, 2003
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
HONORS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Board Member, Westbury Compassionate Animal Rescue Efforts
- Associate Board Member, Baylor University Bears for Leadership Reform
- Fellow, Houston Young Lawyers Foundation
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Lawyers for Literacy
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Minority Opportunity in the Law
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association, Judiciary Events
- Orphanage Missionary, New Life International Orphanage, Guatemala
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter, Laws in the Workplace, June 2012
- Presenter, Houston Young Lawyers Association, Teen Civic Leadership Academy, 2010 and 2011
- Co-author, The Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases, The Journal of Energy, Climate and the Environment, published March 2010
- Assistant Editor, The Lexington Principles on the Rights of Detainees: A Transnational Legal Process Approach to Due Process, April 2009
- Contributing Author, Judge Tells Cleveland Not Only “No”, but “Heck No?”, Nuissance Law, June 2009
- Editor and Managing Editor, W&L Law News
Courtney enjoys spending time with her two dogs, physical fitness, traveling and is an avid fan of college football.